The Learning Support Fund (LSF) provides supplementary funding to the higher education student loans support from the government, for eligible new students who are starting pre-registration healthcare courses on or after 1 August 2017.
The LSF consists of five different award allowances, as shown below:
- Child Dependants Allowance (CDA) (to be replaced by Parental Support as of 01/09/2020)
- Travel and Dual Accommodation Expenses (TDAE)
- Exceptional Support Fund (ESF)
- Parental Support (for courses/academic years commencing on or after 01/09/2020)
- Training Grant (for courses/academic years commencing on or after 01/09/2020)
Students may be eligible for several of the above, depending on their own personal circumstances.
Further information on the above can be found on our website.