To apply for help though the Learning Support Fund you must:
- be studying on an eligible programme that leads to professional registration in either Nursing, Midwifery or an Allied Health Professional (AHP) course which commenced on or after 1 August 2017
- be eligible for, and in receipt of, tuition fees and a maintenance loan from the Student Loans Company (SLC), either via Student Finance England, Student Finance Wales, the Students Award Agency for Scotland, or Student Finance Northern Ireland;
- not be in receipt of a EU Fees only award from the Student Loans Company;
- be actively in training (attending your course), whether in academic or practice learning;
- be ordinarily resident in any UK country; and
- studying at a university located in England
Some students for personal reasons, such as religious grounds and other specific reasons, may not claim a student loan. Dependent upon individual circumstances these students may be eligible. NHSBSA Student Services will handle such cases directly with the individual concerned. Students will need to demonstrate that they meet the required eligibility criteria in order to receive the Learning Support Fund.