You should receive your GHIC early 2021.

Travelling without your GHIC

You do not need your GHIC to travel and can apply for a Provisional Replacement Certificate (PRC) in place of your GHIC if you require treatment when abroad. A PRC can only be requested if treatment is required and cannot be applied for in advance.

To apply for a PRC if required, you or someone responsible for you can call:
  • 0044 191 218 1999 (Monday to Friday, 8AM to 6PM UK time)

You will need to provide:

  • your National Insurance (NI) number
  • The name, email address and country of the treatment facility

A PRC can then be emailed directly to the treatment facility to use in place of your GHIC.

If your treatment facility does not have an email address available, we may be able to use your own email address.

Further information about travelling abroad, can be found on the country by country guide.
Comments (0)