You may be eligible if you're normally a resident in the UK and can demonstrate your absence from the UK was temporary.

Each case will be considered individually and supporting evidence must be provided.

To prove temporary or occasional absence from the UK, you can send:

  • evidence of temporary employment abroad of either yourself or your parents, spouse or partner such as a contract of employment or letter from employer
  • evidence of continued links to the UK such as being liable for UK tax, if a home was maintained during the period abroad, ongoing mortgage or council tax payments or regular return visits to the UK
  • evidence of Armed Forces personnel on active service such as payslips or a letter from employer
  • visitors visas
  • any other evidence not listed you feel supports the claim as being temporarily absent