From the information you've provided us on your HC1 application form about your Employment and Support Allowance (ESA), we've been unable to establish exactly which elements you're currently receiving and, therefore, we've sent you a Further Information Letter (FIL) to find out the following:
- Whether your ESA is income related or contributions based ESA?
- Whether or not you've been migrated from Incapacity Benefit (IB) to ESA?
- Roughly how long have you been on ESA?
We'll also need to know which group you're in:
- Assessment Phase (AP) (sending in sick notes for less than 28 weeks and no Disability Premium (DP) in the assessment)
- Work Related Activity Component (WRAC) (still has to attend for interviews and basic DP awarded in the assessment)
- Support Group (SG) (no longer needs to attend for interviews, Enhanced Disability Premium (EDP) awarded in the assessment)
All of the information we require is held on your ESA award letter (usually on the last page). If you're unable to establish which ESA it is you're on, please forward us a copy of the award letter. If you don't have this letter you need to contact the Jobcentre Plus Office that pays your ESA to query this.
Check what help you could get to pay for NHS costs
You can check what help you could get on our website.