You can opt out of the NHS Pension Scheme by completing an SD502 form.

You complete ‘Part 1’ of the form and then send it to your employer who will complete ‘Part 2’.

If you work at an NHS dental practice NHS Dental Services act as your employer and will complete ‘Part 2’. Send the form to:



Dental Pension Administration
PO Box 679
Newcastle upon Tyne

You'll be opted out of the NHS Pension Scheme from the date your SD502 is received unless you ask for a future date.

If your form is received after the schedule cut-off date, you may see pension contribution deductions on your pay statement.

If you do not work at an NHS dental practice, find out how to opt-out of the NHS Pension Scheme.

Comments (0)