A UK European Healthcare Insurance Card (UK EHIC) or UK Global Health Insurance Card (UK GHIC) entitles you to the same state-funded healthcare as a citizen of the country you’re visiting.

View a list of the countries covered.

If you do not have a UK EHIC or a UK GHIC, you can request a Provisional Replacement Certificate (PRC) to prove your entitlement to medically necessary healthcare.

Check if you can claim a refund if your treatment was pre-planed.

If you've not yet paid for treatment, contact our helpdesk to request a PRC.

You may be able to apply for a refund if you were charged for your healthcare and did not have a:

  • PRC

Download and complete the Refund claim form.

You cannot claim a refund for treatment in Montenegro. 

The amount refunded is decided by the country where treatment was received. All refunds are paid by Bacs (Bankers Automated Clearing System).