How to change the details on your UK GHIC or EHIC depends on when you applied.
- applied for a UK GHIC before 29 June 2021
- have an old EHIC
You must contact our helpdesk if you:
- applied for a UK GHIC after 29 June 2021 and you've moved address
- hold a UK EHIC and you've moved address
As your address is not printed on the card, we’ll not send you a new one.
Change of name or date of birth (DOB)
If your name or DOB needs to be changed or is incorrect, you may be required to send in evidence before it can be amended.
If your name is incorrect due to a minor spelling mistake, contact us to update your name. We can correct this without any evidence.
For a change of name, you must send a copy of your deed poll or marriage certificate.
For a change of DOB, you can send a copy of your:
- driving licence
- birth certificate
- marriage or civil partnership certificate
For a UK GHIC, email firstname.lastname@example.org to advise of your new name or correct DOB.
For a UK EHIC, email email@example.com to advise of your new name or correct DOB.
You must include in your email your:
- Overseas Healthcare Services (OHS) reference number
- full name
- telephone number
- email address
- what details need to be amended
- the correct details